February 14, 2023
SAMS Hellas is the Greek division of the Syrian American Medical Society (SAMS) Foundation, the international medical organization working on the front lines of medical crisis resolution in Syria, improving and saving lives in countries where public health stability needs to be strengthened (Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan, Turkey, Bangladesh and elsewhere). SAMS is one of the most active and credible international NGOs in Syria. Since 2015, SAMS provides Greece health care and specialized services for Pediatrics, Gynecology, General Pathology, Dentistry, and Ophthalmology-Optometry in the Aegean islands, Attica and Thessaloniki. In 2017 alone, SAMS provided more than 3.5 million medical services, including 3.2 million within Syria. Some of the activities of the Organization are the integrated approach of medical care in the form of regular clinics, coverage of primary health, educational programs, strengthening the integration of the child population in the Greek Public Education Structures, treatment programs through art, and more.
In official cooperation with the Ministry of Immigration & Asylum, the National Organization of Public Health (EODY), the Ministry of Health and Civil Society Agencies, SAMS from September 2020 focuses on vulnerable groups of refugees, immigrants, and low-income Greeks / Greeks the specialties of Pediatrics, Gynecology and General Pathology with a horizontal action plan through Mobile Medicine and Paramedical Team.
- Daily contact with existing SAMS Donors for Funds and Gifts in Kind (GiK), as well as new contacts that the candidate will contribute to the Organization
- Presentation, communication, and meetings with sponsors-donors, Institutions, Embassies, etc. Development of interpersonal relationships and networking, as well as participation in speeches, events, festivals, etc. for the purposes of promoting SAMS representing the Organization
- Collaboration with the Grants Department for the annual financial plans and the writing-submission of financing applications
- Collaboration with the Media Department for the renewal of the website and social media and the annual report of the Organization
- Collaboration with the Media Department regarding the design and implementation of communication strategies and publicity to enhance the promotion and promotion of SAMS Actions in the Greek and international media through mentions, press releases, Newsletters, Videos, etc.
- Organizing FR campaigns aimed at the general public
- Design and organization of events, bazaars, participation in campaigns, communication with Networks of Organizations and Bodies, provision of ideas and initiatives
- Maintaining a database and sending thank you letters to the support public
- Preparation and adaptation of communication material to each target group and diverse audience
- University degree in Economics, Business Administration, Public Relations, Communication / Media, Journalism, or related studies
- Previous service of at least 3 years in a corresponding position in the Management of Financial Programs in NGOs, Institutions, Embassies, etc.
- Previous service and management experience of International Partners (ECHO, AMIF, EEA Grants, Erasmus + etc.), as well as domestic Partners and Networks
- Personal updated professional contacts of donors and Press Organizations
- Experience in organizing FR campaigns aimed at the general public and in planning events, bazaars, and communication with Networks of Organizations and Bodies
- Personal qualities: politeness, adaptability, flexibility, professionalism, sense of teamwork, work stress management skills, sense of personal integrity
- Understanding and studying the purpose and approaches of the Organization
- High ability to work, use, read and write in Greek and English qualifications are required
- Cultural awareness and ability to approach and build relationships directly
- A high ease of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Google Drive, Video Conferencing Applications, etc. Ability to manage Softone, UN Portal, KoBo Toolbox, CRM, and other databases
THE DESIRED PROFILE MAY HAVE ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING
Experience in a similar position with International Organizations and/or NGOs
Experience with communicating medical and educational programs
Master’s degree in a related subject
The role’s challenges are met by the Organization with logistical support, Instructions, and Protocols (SOPs). The most prevalent candidates will be informed by e-mail.
SAMS Hellas advocates equal employment opportunities. Applicants need the same treatment regardless of gender, age, disability, origin, sexual orientation, religion, or belief.
How to apply
Resumes to be sent in English to the following email address [email protected] and email title “FR & Donations Officer”.