The Grants Assistant is responsible to provide administrative and financial advice and support services to designated grants and program staff, recipients, and donors in areas such as Grants development, implementation and monitoring as applied to a wide-variety of projects and throughout the life-cycle of projects.
The incumbent is also responsible for the preparation of project approval documents and review invoices to determine appropriate amounts of payments.
- Maintain project records and prepare all modifications to resolve various application issues for grant funds;
- Prepare and maintain records of database and prepare reports to maintain track of all grants activities;
- Maintains electronic and hard copy Grants files and oversees Grants close-out in accordance with SAMS standard procedures;
- Communicate with country teams on proposal development;
- Communicate potential trouble spots to Grants team as necessary, and suggest remediation;
- Troubleshoot issues and problems with grant submissions and reporting;
- Prepare appropriate reports for all donors and ensure work within deadline and ensure compliance to all grants;
- Attend internal meetings with departments and external meetings with donors, as needed to aid in writing proposals.
- Review/rewrite proposal inputs and coordinate with the various departments to ensure accuracy;
- Support Grants Unit in HQ and Field Offices with administrative tasks related to compliance, generating grant documents, and emailing grant agreements and grant checks;
- Maintain opportunity tracking spreadsheet and update with current US Government-funded leads and opportunities, updating tracker as directed;
- Work to enhance and improve grants management processes and increase efficiencies;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Three years related work experience and a strong interest in providing high quality support to a professional team
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Skilled user of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- International experience is preferred
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well independently and with a team
- Excellent time management skills, aptitude for proper task prioritization, and a results-oriented work process
Send your recent CV copy and cover letter with ‘Grants Assistant’ in the subject line to [email protected].