SAMS members and volunteers in the United States and around the world take frequent medical missions to Jordan to support ongoing medical relief programs. Missions allow health workers of different specialties to volunteer their skills, provide dignified healthcare to those in need, and give back the community by providing free healthcare services to Jordanians in rural areas who can’t afford high medical bills. SAMS Volunteers visit SAMS-supported clinic in Al-Zaatari Refugee Camp and other programs in Jordan with the help of SAMS’s regional office in Amman. In April 2016, SAMS organized its largest medical mission bringing 83 volunteers to more than 15 locations in Jordan to provide free medical, dental, and surgical care as well as free medication. Volunteers conducted more than 73 major surgeries and provided care to over 6,000 beneficiaries.
In July 2016, SAMS organized its first cardiology medical mission to Jordan. In six days, SAMS’s volunteers performed 100 cardiac catherization and 15 open heart surgeries.
Upcoming Jordan Missions:
- April 3- 9, 2020- Multi-specialty Medical Mission. CANCELED. In light of the Coronavirus outbreak, and keeping the safety and health of our volunteers a priority, SAMS’ executive team and April Jordan mission leader have decided to cancel the mission with the hope to be able to reschedule it later in the year. Stay tuned for updates.
- Completed Volunteer Application
- Current CV or resume
- Medical school diploma (or equivalent for other medical professionals)
- Medical license/registration state & ID number OR license card
- Any board or specialist certifications as noted on CV/resume