The Deltek Specialist plays a key role in developing and evaluating corporate strategy with the Finance Manager, as well as the Director of Finance. The Deltek Specialist is responsible for the daily operations and management of the accounting and finance department, including monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
The Deltek Specialist will interact with all Departments and Field Offices and be viewed as a trusted business advisor by senior-level managers and above. Critical outcomes include supporting the Director of Finance and Executive Leadership team with key financial information and operational analytics and driving a culture of accountability in managing the business, adding value to operating businesses and voicing well-substantiated dissenting opinions. This position is responsible for the direct supervision of all employees in the accounting and finance department.
The position will be located in Washington DC
Responsibilities & Duties:
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Manage the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of systems, databases and financial software
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, compliance and financial procedures
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data
- Oversee the preparation and communication of financial statements
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation
- Develop and manage accounting managers and staff
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; manage preparation and support of all external audits
- Coordinate and strategize methods used to attain team goals with the Director of Finance and Executive Leadership team
Financial Management, Relations and Policies
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets
- Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, auditors and officials
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding company operations
- Oversee weekly cash management and AP Department, approve large payables, authorize large wires and ACHs
- Supervise Accounts Receivable management and provide guidance relating to the collection process
- 8 years of hands-on financial management experience in federal government contracting with a strong working knowledge of a diverse range of non for profit practice and fund accounting protocols
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2 years of Deltek CostPoint experience
- Experience working for Non Profit Organization
- Strong (intermediate level) Microsoft Excel skills
- High level of written and oral communication skills
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Organizational development, human resources and program operations experience
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Equal Opportunity Employer:
SAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Click here to view the Equal Employment Opportunity Posters.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. It is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This job description and the duties of this position are subject to change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by the company.