In April 2019, SAMS conducted its first ever medical mission to Iraq in partnership with the University of Duhok, University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine, and Henry Schein Dental. In just 5 days, our volunteers provided dental services, screenings, and awareness sessions to more than 2,500 children, ages 6-13. During the mission, our volunteers visited schools in the Khanke Camp for IDPs and the Domiz Refugee Camp for Syrian refugees. In addition, 160 dental students from the University of Duhok participated in a training led by SAMS, focusing on the introduction of innovative techniques for prevention of oral diseases and treatment.
- We’ll be announcing 2020 dates soon!
To apply for a medical mission please submit the following documents to [email protected]:
- Completed Volunteer Application
- Current CV or resume
- Medical school diploma (or equivalent for other medical professionals)
- Medical license/registration state & ID number OR license card
- Any board or specialist certifications as noted on CV/resume