This holiday season, support our medical relief efforts by creating an online fundraiser.
Here are some useful tips for your peer-to-peer fundraisers:
- Get the ball rolling. It’s a good idea to get your fundraising off to a good start by making the first donation. This will make others more likely to get involved.
- Add your why to the email. We’ve put together an email template you can use right from your fundraising page. The most important thing you can add to this message is why you are fundraising for SAMS. Let your family and friends know why you support SAMS, that’s what they care about most.
- Start with your close contacts. It’s always best to start by emailing your close contacts because they are the ones most likely to donate. Try sending some quick personal messages to your inner circle to build up momentum. Then use the email template you customized to reach all of your other contacts.
- Now move on to social media. Once you’ve sent your first batch of emails out , it’s time to turn to social media. One of the best strategies to use on both Facebook and Twitter is tagging and thanking people that have already donated while you are asking for new donations. This spreads your message further and lets the people you are asking know that people are already getting behind you.
- Re-engage with email. Don’t hesitate to send a few follow up emails. Emails are easy to overlook and people often quickly scan them and then forget to go back to them. Use email to keep people up to date with your progress as you hit different milestones (50% raised, 75% raised, etc.) and ask supporters to reach the next milestone.
- Continue thanking your supporters and updating social media. As more of your network gets behind you, keep thanking them on social media and make sure you continue to share your progress towards your goal.
Your efforts help provide life-saving medical care in Syria and beyond. Thank you for your compassionate gift of support!