SAMS is looking for a motivated full-time “Grants Officer/Proposal Writer” candidate to join the HQ. The position will actively contribute to SAMS expansion and at the HQ and field offices levels. The position will be housed in the Grants Unit and work closely with the Programs Department.
The Grants Officer/Proposal Writer will oversee projects end-to-end, from concept note, proposal development, to grant implementation, to interim and final reporting. This will include writing significant proposal sections in collaboration with program and field teams, ensuring appropriate technical and country input, ensuring all required annexes are completed, and managing the review and revision process. In addition, the Grants Officer/Proposal Writer will advise on all compliance requirements and management of grants after implementation.
- Stay informed of and gather intelligence on forthcoming funding opportunities which match SAMS goals and objectives.
- Monitor donor solicitation announcements, provide regular briefings regarding development opportunities, ensuring the team is fully aware of all opportunities and proposals;
- Support grant management including donor compliance, technical and financial reporting, as needed
- Advise and assist the program team and other staff as required with grant implementation, monitoring and evaluation of grants and short-term technical assistance (STTA).
- Maintain opportunity tracking spreadsheet and update with current US Government-funded leads and opportunities, updating tracker as directed;
- Maintain complete and updated activity files in both digital and hard copy format.
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs; studying requests for proposal (RFPs); attending strategy meetings.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, and evaluation.
- Write various proposal sections, including backgrounds, executive summaries, and past performance/ qualification summaries.
- Review/rewrite proposal inputs and coordinate with the various departments to ensure accuracy.
- Edit proposals and related documents for completeness and compliance with editorial standards and for proposal formatting/composition
- Identify, coordinate, and ensure the timely completion of all activities needed for successful proposal generation and maintain the proposal tracking system;
- Support regional offices grant staff in developing and tracking grants proposals and implementation including exchanging reports regularly and scheduling weekly meetings.
- Represent SAMS in meetings with current and potential donors, partners and other stakeholders; when requested
- Undertake other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Background or proven experience of minimum 3 years in grant management procedures and donor relations. Familiar with project management, financial management and budget monitoring.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary groups.
- Be a team player.
- High work ethic and commitment to professional development.
- Experience in working with remotely field-based team
- Self-motivated, positive attitudes, flexible and adaptable to the needs of team and organization
Send your recent CV copy and cover letter with ‘Grants Assistant’ in the subject line to [email protected].