The Mental Health Program Manager (MHPM) manages the mental health activities in the different locations, areas, and informal settlements; contributes to the development of SOPs for the mental health strategy, services and lead in the development of the mental health staff training and development programs in direct coordination with the Mental Health Committee (MHC) and SAMS Lebanon leadership.
- Under the direct support of the MHC, the MH PM will lead on the technical design and implementation of the MH program;
- Supervise and monitor the implementation of the MH program on the field level;
- Build the capacity of the MH team through trainings, guidance and technical mentoring;
- Produce periodic reports as per the internal requirements and the donors requirements;
- Review and manage activities specialized in mental health under the different related grants;
- Communicate with donors about SAMS MHPSS programs and coordinate MHPSS activities with partners.
- Seek potential future grants opportunities for SAMS MHPSS program in Lebanon and lead proposal writing in collaboration with the HQ grant department.
- Represent SAMS in relevant clusters meetings, MHPSS working groups and events
- Attend SAMS US-based MHPSS committee meetings remotely when requested
- Lead and contribute where needed to the development of the of guidelines and SOPs for the mental health unit;
- Work with the MEAL Coordinator to create indicators and logframe for the mental health programs.
- Communication and reporting skills, preferably from a multi-cultural environment
- Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
- Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
- Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities
- Proficient in English and Arabic both written and oral
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- At least 5 years of experience in the mental health sector, significant part of it is in working with INGOs
- BA in Mental Health or similar field
- At least 3 years of managing multinational teams
Interested applicants are expected to send their detailed CV and motivation letter to [email protected]