Role Summary/Purpose: SAMS is looking for a full-time “Project Coordinator” position to join the Programs team. The Project Coordinator is based in SAMS HQ in Washington, DC and will coordinate all program deliverables and deadlines with SAMS field offices. This position is responsible for ensuring high-quality, timely reporting and program implementation for the assigned projects.
- Coordinate all elements of programming for field offices.
- Liaise between headquarters and field staff for deliverables, and consistently follow-up with field office staff to ensure timely project delivery and implementation.
- Maintain project documentation; monitor deliverables and project timelines; manage and communicate deadlines to project staff.
- Maintain familiarity with and provide assistance to field office teams when necessary.
- Coordinate intake of data and materials submitted by field offices; perform data validation and editing.
- Assist in gathering information for and drafting grant reports and proposals as needed.
- Assist with formatting and proofreading written materials.
- Relay program developments to Programs Unit.
- Monitor and analyze work plan activity progress toward project objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of full-time experience in grant management for USG programs.
- Ability to effectively coordinate with sub-grantees.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks, set priorities and adjust to shifting priorities as needed under minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to teamwork/coordination.
- Strong communication skills and excellent English is essential; in addition, good knowledge of Arabic language and familiarity with the Syrian context and the region is desirable.
- Excellent organization, planning, analytic, time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Intercultural understanding, sensitivity and adaptability.
- Experience with financial tracking and budget management strongly preferred.
Proposed Salary/Wage: $42,924.00/Annual (Grants Funded)
Send your recent CV copy and cover letter with ‘Project Coordinator’ in the subject line to [email protected].