Role Summary/Purpose: SAMS is recruiting a part-time “Advocacy Intern” position to join the Advocacy team. This position is responsible for supporting the activities of the department, including conducting research on humanitarian developments in Syria and the region, engaging with Congressional staff and embassies, and monitoring trends in the region.
- Conduct research and analysis on the humanitarian situation in Syria, as well as issues related to healthcare and refugees
- Attend Congressional hearings and support department staff in arranging and attending meetings with Congressional staff
- Develop talking points, blog posts, and background papers on the Syrian conflict
- Monitor developments from the field and compile reports to disseminate to department leadership
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in politics, international relations, public health, or a related field
- Experience conducting research and data analysis
- Arabic language skills are a plus
- Knowledge of the Syrian conflict and regional issues
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].