As the Advocacy Intern, you will work with the Advocacy department to help develop, update, and communicate comprehensive humanitarian policies towards Syria. The Advocacy Intern will help research existing advocacy opportunities, provide the latest updates about the Syria crisis, and assist in communicating with our grassroots network through social media platforms and our website. You will be working in a fast-paced international NGO that provides medical and humanitarian assistance to Syria.
- Research existing legislation and current policy asks around the humanitarian and medical response to the Syria crisis
- Maintain a consistently updated log of the latest statistics, figures, and details of the Syria crisis
- Write, develop, and collect content for SAMS’s blog and other SAMS resources
- Research and attend issues-related events in DC and provide updates accordingly
- Research creative ways to reach an international grassroots base through new media
- Research opportunities and develop resources for long-term programming and campaign opportunities related to awareness of the Syria crisis, the targeting of medical personnel in the conflict, and the international humanitarian response
- Assist with the logistics of policy related events, including NGO events, congressional briefings, and lobby days
- Contribute to overall functionality of the office by assisting with logistical tasks as needed
- Arabic language skills strongly preferred
- A background knowledge of the Syria conflict and humanitarian crisis
- A basic understanding of advocacy
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- A passion for international humanitarian issues preferred
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and the contact information of 3 references to [email protected]. Include in the subject line the name of the position you are applying for.