The Syrian American Medical Society (SAMS) is searching for a motivated and experienced Chief Compliance Officer to guarantee that our business processes and transactions follow all relevant legal and internal guidelines. Your duties will include reviewing employee work, developing company policies, and responding to policy violations. The ideal candidate will be professional, highly analytical, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. To prosper in this role, you should be fluent in risk management and non-profit principals.
• Develop and review SAMS’ policies, and advise management on SAMS’ compliance with policies, laws and regulations through detailed reports.
• Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations.
• Regularly conduct periodic internal reviews or audit company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risk.
• Manage and monitor the implementation of SAMS’ risk mitigation program.
Ensure all employees are educated on the latest regulations, policies, and processes.
• Develop and oversee an annual compliance program for HQ and overseas field offices with clear lines of communication and reporting. This includes complying to state, federal, and international laws and reporting requirements.
• Serve as a confidential point of contact for employees to communicate with management, seek clarification on issues or dilemmas, or report irregularities.
• Prepare and present clear and concise compliance reports to the Board.
• Bachelor’s Degree in law, finance, business management or a related field. Master’s preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of proven experience in a compliance officer role.
• Good knowledge of legal requirements and procedures.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Highly-analytical with strong attention to detail.
• Preference for risk-management experience.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]