The Syrian American Medical Society (SAMS) is looking for an experienced and highly motivated communications consultant. The ideal candidate works well with diverse teams, thrives under pressure and tight deadlines, and brings creativity to advance SAMS’ mission and vision. This is a 6-month contract with the possibility of full-time employment.
- Work with the Media Manager to implement the media and communications strategy
- Manage and grow SAMS’ social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Craft powerful and engaging messages for distribution through different channels, including the SAMS website and social media
- Draft email marketing campaigns and press releases
- Draft, format, and disseminate monthly newsletters
- Assist in drafting SAMS annual reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s in communications, journalism, marketing, or related field
- At least 3 years related work experience
- Must possess excellent verbal and writing communications skills
- Proficient with social media listening and analytics tools
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, Mailchimp, and WordPress
- Strong knowledge of current trends in social media and digital marketing
- Must possess excellent organizational, multitasking, and problem-solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of the Syrian conflict
- Highly committed to our mission
- Graphic design knowledge
- The Arabic language is a huge plus
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] and include in the subject line the position you are applying for.