The Syrian American Medical Society (SAMS) is looking for an experienced and highly motivated communications officer to join its growing Communications and Media Department at our Washington, D.C. offices. The ideal candidate works well with diverse teams, thrives under pressure and tight deadlines, and brings creativity to advance SAMS’ mission and vision.
- Work with the Media Manager to implement the media and communications strategy
- Manage and grow SAMS social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- Craft powerful and engaging messages for distribution through different channels, including SAMS website and social media
- Monitor campaign analytics to grow overall engagement on social media
- Draft email marketing campaigns and press releases
- Draft, format, and disseminate monthly newsletters
- Work with graphic designer to create web graphics, signage, collaterals, brochures, and flyers
- Maintain emailing lists, including media, members, and donors lists
- Maintain and update SAMS website
- Maintain HQ media database, including data from the field and multimedia
- Assist in drafting SAMS annual reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s in communications, journalism, marketing or related field
- At least 3 years related work experience
- Must possess excellent verbal and writing communications skills.
- Proficient with social media listening and analytics tools
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, email marketing platforms, and WordPress
- Strong knowledge of current trends in social media and digital marketing
- Must possess excellent organizational, multitasking, and problem-solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of the Syrian conflict
- Highly committed to SAMS cause
- Graphic design knowledge
- Arabic language is a huge plus
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and the contact information of 3 references to [email protected]. Include in the subject line the name of the position you are applying for. Application deadline: July 15, 2018.