Compliance and Contracts Manager
The Compliance and Contracts Manager provides effective oversight of compliance with SAMS policies and procedures and donor regulations across the organization; manages review of incoming and outgoing awards and contracts and their related due diligence processes; and supports organization-wide risk management and capacity-building initiatives related to strengthening internal controls. The core purpose of the role – considered the ‘second line of defense’ in SAMS’ system of internal controls – is to build a safe and compliant working environment within SAMS, through proactive monitoring and prevention measures.
This position is located within SAMS Headquarters (HQ), but coordinates closely with Compliance functions at the in-country and regional levels.
- Develop and implement a system of spot checks and compliance assessments across the organization, to strengthen compliance with internal policies and procedures, applicable laws, and donor regulations
- Conduct spot checks; document findings; propose mitigating measures and follow their implementation within HQ
- Support compliance functions within country offices to document conduct spot checks; document findings; propose mitigating measures; and follow their implementation
- Provide periodic reporting on compliance to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors
- Support in the investigation of allegations of suspected fraud and misconduct
- Support donor and internal audits and provide follow-up support on the timely implementation of audit findings and action plans in conjunction with key country program staff
- Lead internal review of incoming awards and contracts, in close coordination with HQ Programs, Finance, Operations, and Country Offices, ensuring the review process is performed timely and in the best interest of SAMS
- Draft award documentation for implementing partners (grantees and sub-grantees), according to activity scope and assessed organizational capacity
- Review incident and non-safeguarding related investigation reporting to donors and track follow-up actions
- Review cost proposals (budget and budget narrative) and donor financial reports, to ensure accuracy and compliance with donor requirements
- Provide expertise to the Programs, Operations and Finance departments at HQ and Country Offices to ensure consistent compliance and reporting as per regulations/donor requirements;
- Support completion of donor and partner due diligence processes, in coordination with HQ Operations and Country Offices
- Support Country Offices in the partner/sub-grantee selection process, through review of pre-award self-assessments and organizational capacity assessments;
- Support Country Offices in partner/sub-grantee monitoring and tracking of compliance issues, from start-up through to close-out of awards.
- Design and deliver trainings to HQ and Country office staff on the latest donor regulations
- Design and deliver trainings to HQ and Country office staff on compliance and risk management
- Design and deliver trainings to HQ and Country office staff on sub-award management
- Provide day-to-day technical support and guidance to Country Office Compliance Functions
- Provide support for organization-wide capacity-building initiatives aimed at strengthening internal controls, as requested by Senior Management
At least 7-9 years of progressively responsible professional experience in similar role
Previous experience working with NGOs in the development/humanitarian sector, with knowledge of donor rules and regulations.
A commitment to SAMS’ mission, vision, values and the Code of Conduct
Credible written, presentation and verbal communication skills; ability to convey information effectively and solid experience providing training and staff development
Validated sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to handle complex situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
Excellent management and interpersonal skills and a solid ability to promote harmonious/cohesive teamwork, in a cross-cultural context.
Validated ability to plan long-term, organize priorities and work under administrative and programmatic pressures with detail orientation and professional patience.
Highly collaborative and resourceful; ability to establish positive working relationships with senior level management and all other partners to maximize cooperation and productivity.
Analytical ability in creating effective solutions to complex matters while adhering to donor regulations and internal policies.
- Ability to travel outside the United States
- Bilingual (Arabic)
Please send resume and cover letter to: [email protected]