Department Name: HQ Compliance and Contract Department
Supervisor of Position: M Azim Sulimanzai, Compliance and Contract Manager
Employment Definition: Full Time
Location and Duration of Position: Remote, 12-month contract
Role Summary/Purpose: The Compliance Assistant is based in HQ and works closely with the Compliance manager, Programs, and Finance Offices. The Coordinator supports compliance and administration of SAMS’ grant-funded and privately-funded programs. Core tasks include: income contract and subcontract review, preparation of compliance matrix for the major awards, and preparation for external audits. The Compliance Assistant is also responsible to support promoting organizational compliance with donor regulations, through supporting the delivery of trainings and responding to day-to-day requests for support from the field offices.
• Initiate the internal review of incoming award documentation, MOUs, and contracts, in close coordination with Compliance Manager, HQ Programs, Finance and Country Offices, ensuring the review process is performed timely and in the best interest of SAMS
• Assist in preparing compliance trackers (matrix) and support convening kickoff meetings related to new awards.
• Assist in drafting award documentation for implementing partners (grantees and sub-grantees),
• Support Country Offices in partner/sub-grantee monitoring and tracking of compliance issues during implementation.
• Aid in preparing the external audits, and assist in addressing internal and/or external audit queries;
• Support compliance review of the grants documentation on the AmpliFund system
• Help with compliance functions in the HQ office
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Education and Essential Skills
• University/Baccalaureate degree in a related field required.
• At least one year of relevant work experience – preferably with international NGOs and/or community-based organizations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including drafting project proposals and reports.
• A multi-tasker with a strong ability to work under pressure
• Flexibility, creativity, and the ability to maintain a rapid and demanding pace of work
• Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail.
• Proficient in using computers with related knowledge of software programs and the Internet.
Please send resume and cover letter to: [email protected]