This is a leadership position that is expected to implement SAMS’s strategic vision to provide the best medical relief operations that can serve more people with the most responsive and highest quality programming possible and secure the necessary resources to accomplish that.
- Lead the design and implementation of SAMS strategy in Lebanon
- Promote a strong team spirit and provide guidance, oversight and resources to enable staff in Lebanon and other relief projects offices to perform successfully.
- Represent SAMS at the government level, NGO forums, and with existing and potential local and international donors. Identify partners and develop cooperation and strong relations with them.
- Oversee the management, coaching and development of staff in Lebanon, offer leadership support for successful adherence by all staff to SAMS standards of work and HR Policies and Procedure
- Initiate, supervise and edit research papers and other written materials relevant to SAMS work in Lebanon, and provide policy guidance and recommendations to SAMS HQ
- Lead the development and utilization of financial and operational policies, procedures, and systems to deliver compliance with local laws, SAMS and grants requirements.
- Ensure timely reporting and oversight of the country program’s financial position and maintain effective and coordinated budget monitoring processes
- Ensure adequate need assessment in the field and design relief programs that meet quality standards set by SAMS’s and various grants policies.
- Conduct regular visit to SAMS field offices/operations and participate in SAMS missions
- Design and implement rigorous projects assessment procedures, proposal development and review processes; comprehensive monitoring & evaluation, and accountability and learning systems
- Invest in staff development and partner organization capacity strengthening.
- Adhere to communication and reporting requirements with the HQ in the US and the Regional Committee Chair and members.
- University degree required. Master’s degree in relevant field or medical background is preferred.
- At least 7 years experience, including at a leadership level, in humanitarian projects or international relief & development.
- At least 2 years experience in Lebanon
- Proven experience managing teams of 20 +
- Experience in financial management. Additional experience in grants, USG, European and UN funds management preferred
- Fluency in English and Arabic, written and spoken.
- Basic computer proficiency
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] by August 26, 2018.