Position Title:Data Management Assistant (Temporary)
Role Summary/Purpose: SAMS is in the process of transitioning its existing grants and projects datato an electronic grants management system (GMS) called AmpliFund. The Data Management Assistant, working closely with two Senior Program Officers at US Headquarters, will be responsible for: 1) locating, entering and migrating data into the new system from various shared drives used by Headquarters and Country Offices; and 2) supporting the development of an internal user guide for SAMS users at Headquarters and Country Officers.
For reference, SAMS has approximately 50 active projects as of October 2022, as well as a historical database to import that dates back to 2013. SAMS will provide the Data Management Assistant with training on Amplifund, prior to commencement of tasks. The Data Management Assistant may be required to work anywhere between 10 and 25 hours per week for a period of three months, with the possibility of extension.
● Assist with data migration into AmpliFund by preparing Excel spreadsheets for import and making manual adjustments in the system where needed
● Preform compliance tasks such as reviewing project files to ensure all grant and programmatic and contracting documents are present, while following up for missing material as needed
● Work with the Senior Program Officers to develop a step-by-step user guide to using the GMS and defining data fields; this user guide is critical for ensuring that SAMS’ employees use the system in a consistent manner.
● Review SAMS Grants Manual and provide edits/write new sections in order to integrate the work of the Grant Department with the new GMS
● Attend weekly meetings with the SAMS HQ Programs and AmpliFund teams to discuss each step of the implementation process
● Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
● Bachelor’s Degree
● Strong attention to detail, with exceptional planning and organizational skills
● Prior knowledge and experience of using software applications – spreadsheets, word processing, database management, shared filing systems, including Google Drive
● Prior experience in developing user manuals related to software applications
● Demonstrated ability to work independently, apply initiative and work under pressure to meet multiple and changing priorities, deadlines and objectives
● Excellent oral and written communication, and highly developed liaison and interpersonal skills
• Interest in non-profit management
Please submit resume and cover letter to :ca[email protected]