SAMS is looking for a part-time “Education Coordinator” position to join the Education Committee team. This position is responsible for working with the committee in order to help the direct growth and development of the educational projects led and supported by SAMS Foundation.
The successful candidate should have a strong belief in the SAMS’ mission, and be able to inspire others to become involved, also, serves as a key-person for the Education Committee members and volunteers.
This position works remotely from anywhere in the U.S. and must have reliable access to a computer, high speed internet, and phone. Some evening and weekend conference calls will be needed. This position will report directly to the Education Committee Chair.
- Assist the Program Manager and Committee members with a variety of tasks, including scheduling and correspondence with external entities
- Produce, copyedit, and proofread written materials, including proposals, grant applications, reports, thank-you letters, budgets, newsletter e-blasts, expense reports, and articles
- Respond to email inquiries directed to the Education Committee
- Participate in the committee’s meetings and be involved with subcommittees as a facilitator and coordinator
- Assist with implementation of strategic plan in all of the Education Committee’s program areas
- Create agendas, minutes, and action items for all committee and subcommittee
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including excellent public presentation and customer service skills
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, business management or other related field
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, and Word)
- Genuine motivation to work with healthcare professionals on educational projects
- Ability to facilitate meetings and group processes for the purposes of agenda-setting, fact-finding, decision-making, and collaboratively working to accomplish shared goals
- 2-3-year experience in non-profit organization
- Ability to work independently requiring limited supervision
- Strong relationship management
- Excellent skills in organizing work groups and managing and motivating staff and volunteers to work under the specific time constraints
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and the contact information of 3 references to [email protected]. Include in the subject line the name of the position you are applying for.
Describe how you meet the minimum qualifications and desired attributes. Also, include the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references that are familiar with your background and qualifications, along with your permission to contact them.