SCOPE OF WORK
SAMS Foundation is looking for a national dedicated humanitarian professional to serve as Field Officer in Greece. Under the supervision of the Global & Emergency Response Manager, the Field Officer will be based in Athens, with potential travel to other districts in Greece to assist with development of operations there. The Field Officer will focus on supporting SAMS Dental & Eye care project in partnership with Hestia Halles. The Field Officer will be responsible for particular tasks related to logistic and administration of the program, facilitation of beneficiaries’ appointments, facilitation of personnels deployment, monitoring and reporting activities, and communication with SAMS counterparts.
Under the supervision of the Global & Emergency Response Manager, the holder of this post is responsible for:
- Assist the startup of SAMS Dental & Eye project in partnership with Hestia Hellas;
- Organize SAMS volunteers deployment schedule in collaboration with Medical Missions Department at HQ;
- Arrange the transportation means, accommodation bookings, paperwork and briefings to SAMS deployed staff and volunteers before and after they arrived to Athens;
- Serve as the focal point of contact for SAMS volunteers for information, support and local guidance;
- Submit the paperwork required by the Medical Association and follow up in collaboration with SAMS representative;
- Collaborate with Hestia Halles on day-to-day project activities. This include, but not limited to, beneficiaries’ appointments, data collection, reporting, and clerical work supervision.
- Assist in the procurement of medical supplies and equipment, import processes, monitoring the consumptions, following up the replenishment orders, stock management.
- Keep track of expenses related to the program, follow the organizational finance and procurement policies.
- University Degree preferably in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain, or related fields.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience on similar roles with governmental or non-governmental organizations.
- Advanced skills of Microsoft Office programs (especially Excel) is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English is essential.
- Active (more than 1 year) driver license is mandatory.
- Skilled in writing regular activities reports, official letters in Greek and English is essential.
- Experience in team management, operational support, and human resources.
- Experience in dealing with medical supplies, stocks and procurement.
- Working with refugees and migrants in Greece.
- Knowledge of Arabic or other languages.
- Data collection and analysis experience.
Interested applicants are expected to send their detailed CV and motivation letter to [email protected] with subject titled “Field Officer | Last Name, First Name” no later than May 31, 2019.