SAMS is looking for a Finance Manager who will be responsible for the financial health of a company or organization. Produce financial reports and apply best practices to ensure internal control efficiency that minimize risks further and assist senior executives on supervision of field offices financial performance.
The duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Obtain, analyses and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
- Supervise monthly closing process including cash/bank reconciliations
- Review, analyze and report on the extent to which SAMS internal policies, rules and guidelines are in compliance with, including conducting walkthroughs and tests that systematically assess whether systems and controls are operating as per policies, procedures and donor regulations.
- Monitoring and ensuring the accurate and prompt drawing up of internal and external financial reports in accordance with the appropriate guidelines
- Ensure proper back up documentation and filing of vouchers, requisitions and other documents is maintained and updated as needed
- Provide financial analyses, reports and forecasts to management.
- Oversee the accuracy of the organizational accounting records and maintain the chart of accounts.
- Prepare Month-end and Year-end closing process with other staff
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of monthly pipeline reports for discussion with finance director (which will require back and forth with country offices) to include
- Acting as the primary liaison for the field office finance staff for policy or procedure questions by frequent visits to the field offices providing training to finance staff on SAMS accounting procedures and requirements, assists the Field Finance Coordinators and program staff in finance related issues and activities.
- Review of financial data submitted by the field to identify weaknesses or problems being encountered by field finance staff and recommend corrective action.
- In conjunction with the Director of Finance, developing or revising policy and procedures and assists in the implementation.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Director of Finance
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- 5 years prior relevant experience. Experience working with large, geographically dispersed team preferred including INGO’s.
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Deltek – CP7 experience is a plus
- Arabic as second language is a plus
- Financial analysis and forecasting experience
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]