Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect up to date information on forthcoming funding opportunities which match SAMS goals and objectives
- Track emerging priorities and trends in US and European funding from governmental entities and private foundations that could impact SAMS pipeline opportunities
- Create SAMS resource mobilization strategies according to evolving US and European donor context (both public and private, as well as impact investors), and ensure that resource mobilization efforts are in line with those strategies
- Working closely with Programs, Information, and Development teams, contribute to SAMS efforts to influence policy that affects SAMS’s work
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of activities, in coordination with the Director of Operations, Director of Programs, Director of Finance, and other staff to ensure compliance with donors and SAMS policies and procedures, and achievement of intended results
- Supervise and support all aspects of new proposal development and submission including negotiation with funding and partner agencies and coordination/drafting of SAMS financial and narrative components
- Manage, supervise, lead, and performs administrative business, policy, and analytical work across the pre-award, award, and post award phases of the grant lifecycle.
- Ensure donor compliance, and on time, high quality technical and financial reporting.
- Organize and lead meetings and communications with US and European-based donors that lead to continued or new financial or technical support to SAMS
- Prepare and maintain grant documents consistent and compliant with all applicable requirements, procedures and best practices. Supporting documentation includes but is not limited to negotiation memorandums, branding and marking plans, required certifications and assurances, vetting and reference checks, environmental assessments and others.
- Develop no cost and cost amendments for activities in coordination with the Program Team and the Finance Director.
- Ensure that grants and activities are closed out within required time frames.
- Ensure proper records retention
Grant Financial Management:
- In consultation with Finance Department, strengthen systems for resource mobilization, and grants and investment management
- Support the development of grant financial tracking system.
- Responsible for assisting with the setup of financial monitoring of activities, implementation of activity agreements, and analysis of activity budgets and cost estimates for allowability, allocability, reasonableness and consistency.
- In coordination with finance and procurement staff, analyze budgetary and financial aspects of activity proposals, partner financial management and/or administrative capacities and planning for implementation/procurement and cash disbursement needs for program implementation throughout the life of the project.
- Liaise with SAMS field units and other agencies to identify new funding opportunities
- Participate in the design of regional projects and provide support to engagement with potential partners
- Develop tools and training materials to support field units’ overall resource mobilization and grant management efforts
- Follow up as needed regarding policy guidance and interpretation, with the Director of Programs, SAMS field staff involvement in grant making and grants management to ensure full compliance with donors and SAMS requirements.
- Travel to support duties, as appropriate – up to 25% of the year
Program Management support:
- Advise and assist the program team and other staff as required with grant implementation, monitoring and evaluation of grants and short-term technical assistance (STTA).
- During the activity development process, develop activity budgets and prepare to assume oversight of grant implementation post-award.
- Maintain complete and updated activity files in both digital and hard copy format.
- In collaboration with the Program Team and procurement specialists, prepare monthly projections for SAMS activities for submission to the Finance Director.
- Coordinate as needed with procurement staff to ensure proper reception and timely delivery of items.
- Under the direction of the Director of Programs, ensure full compliance with the policies, practices and procedures relating to all aspects of activities for the SAMS program, as outlined in the approved Activity Management Guide. This includes specific procedures relating to projects selection, awards, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and activity close-outs.
- In coordination with SAMS finance and procurement staff, assess recipient capabilities related to activity implementation and advise them on how to enhance them.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Desired Education and Essential Skills
- University/Baccalaureate degree required. Masters or Advanced Degree preferred (Business, Finance, Management)
- At least 5year experience in grants preferably with NGOs and/or community-based organizations
- Experience managing activities and/or contracts for international organizations is highly desired.
- Experience with basic financial management skills including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting
- Knowledge of and experience with major donor agencies such as USAID, EU, DFID preferred.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong command over written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, visitors, partner institutions including international and local NGOs, governmental entities, support organizations, and the general public
- A multitasker with strong ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility, creativity, and the ability to maintain a rapid and demanding pace of work
- Possess good knowledge of planning and strategizing financial and budgeting issues
- Ability to work within a team and provide support to the junior staff
- Ability to perform in cross-functional team approach
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail.
- Proficient in using computers with related knowledge of software programs and Internet.
- Knowledge of the Arabic language and/or the Syrian conflict and the region is desired but not a requirement.
Send your recent CV copy and cover letter with ‘Grants & Business Development Manager’ in the subject line to [email protected].