|Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support SAMS in articulating resource mobilization strategies that reflect evolving US and European donor context (both public and private, as well as impact investors), and ensure that resource mobilization efforts are in line with those strategies
- Stay informed of and gather intelligence on forthcoming funding opportunities which match SAMS goals and objectives
- Track emerging priorities and trends in US and European funding from private foundations and US Government that could impact SAMS pipeline opportunities
- Working closely with Programs, Information, and Development teams, contribute to SAMS efforts to influence policy that affects SAMS’s work
- Manage all aspects of new proposal development and submission including negotiation with funding and partner agencies and coordination/drafting of SAMS financial and narrative components
- Liaise with SAMS field units and other agencies to identify new funding opportunities, design projects, provide support to engagement with potential partners, and develop tools to support field units’ overall resource mobilization and grant management efforts
- Support grant management including donor compliance, technical and financial reporting, as needed
- Organize and lead meetings and communications with US and European-based donors that lead to continued or new financial or technical support to SAMS
- Organize and lead meetings and communications with US and European-based peer organizations and other cooperating agencies that lead to continued or new financial or technical support to SAMS
- In consultation with Finance Department, strengthen systems for resource mobilization, and grants and investment management
- Travel to support duties, as appropriate – up to 25% of the year
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of activities, in coordination with the Director of Operations, Director of Programs, Director of Finance, and other staff to ensure compliance with donors and SAMS policies and procedures, and achievement of intended results
- Responsible for assisting with the setup of financial monitoring of activities, implementation of activity agreements, and analysis of activity budgets and cost estimates for allowability, allocability, reasonableness and consistency.
- Advise and assist the program team and other staff as required with grant implementation, monitoring and evaluation of grants and short-term technical assistance (STTA).
- Follow up as needed regarding policy guidance and interpretation, under the direction of the Director of Operations, for SAMS field staff involved in grant making and grants management to ensure full compliance with donors and SAMS requirements.
- During the activity development process, develop activity budgets and prepare to assume oversight of grant implementation post-award.
- Maintain complete and updated activity files in both digital and hard copy format.
- In collaboration with the Program Team and procurement specialists, prepare monthly projections for SAMS activities for submission to the Finance Director.
- Coordinate as needed with procurement staff to ensure proper reception and timely delivery of items.
- Under the direction of the Director of Operations, ensure full compliance with the policies, practices and procedures relating to all aspects of activities for the SAMS program, as outlined in the approved Activity Management Guide. This includes specific procedures relating to selection, awards, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and activity close-outs.
- Prepare and maintain grant documents consistent and compliant with all applicable requirements, procedures and best practices. Supporting documentation includes but is not limited to negotiation memorandums, branding and marking plans, required certifications and assurances, vetting and reference checks, environmental assessments and others.
- Develop no cost and cost amendments for activities in coordination with the Program Team and the Finance Director.
- In coordination with SAMS finance and procurement staff, assess recipient capabilities related to activity implementation and advise them on how to enhance them.
- In coordination with finance and procurement staff, analyze budgetary and financial aspects of activity proposals, partner financial management and/or administrative capacities and planning for implementation/procurement and cash disbursement needs for program implementation throughout the life of the project.
- Ensure that grants and activities are closed out within required time frames.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- University/Baccalaureate degree required. Masters or Advanced Degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience in activity management focused on ensuring that procurement, finance, logistics, and programmatic aspects are being implemented on-time and in accordance with the specifications of the approved activity.
- Experience with NGOs and/or community-based organizations is preferred.
- Ability/willingness to travel throughout the country on a regular basis.
- Experience managing activities and/or contracts for international organizations is highly desired.
- Experience with cash-based activities is preferred.
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, visitors, partner institutions including international and local NGOs, governmental entities, support organizations, and the general public.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good, professional judgment that reflects positively on the image and communicates the established SAMS program message.
- Possess creativity and analytical capacity to manage compliance issues and assist other staff in ensuring the implementation of activities.
- Good analytical ability and knowledge of project objectives so that the key points of activity implementation can be identified.
- Flexibility, creativity, and the ability to maintain a rapid and demanding pace of work are also required.
- Ability to effectively use computer software including MS Word, and Excel.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written form in both Arabic and English is preferred.
Send your recent CV copy and cover letter with “Grants and Business Development Manager” in the subject line to [email protected].