Role Summary/Purpose: SAMS is looking for a full-time Digital Media Specialist position to join the Communications team. The Digital Media Specialist is responsible for creating and maintaining online graphics and multimedia elements of SAMS in order to further the mission of the organization and optimize its online presence. The Digital Media Specialist will be primarily responsible for creating visual media, including graphics and short videos, for use in marketing campaigns, social media, SAMS website and other communications initiatives. The successful candidate should think creatively and be able to translate a concept into a graphic and videos.
- Takes the lead in designing and formatting resources and materials including;
- Print graphics such as brochures, print ads, flyers, mailers, and posters
- Digital graphics such as web based graphics, email graphics, and social media graphics
- Multimedia and videos such as motion graphics, videos, etc.
- Assists in managing and updating the SAMS website backend
- Assists in SAMS social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram content creation and management
- Collaborates with the other departments on online fundraising, materials for SAMS conferences, medical missions, and advocacy campaigns.
- Under the supervision of the Communications and Media Manager, assist in creating integrated, multi-channeled, and interactive online initiatives to maximize online engagement.
- Manages the creative process for online fundraising and advocacy campaign, including creation of copy and artwork for all digital fundraising campaigns
- Work in collaboration with the Communications & Media Manager to design presentations, annual reports, and infographics
- Design and order collaterals
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years of professional graphic design and video editing
- Demonstrated proficiency in graphic design and video editing
- Knowledge of multimedia design and programming
- Strong knowledge of best social media practices
- Demonstrated success in creative email and online design
- Understanding of web design best practices
- Strong understanding of programming languages and Adobe Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to collaborate to implement projects and achieve results.
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Arabic language is preferred, but not required.
Please submit your application to [email protected]. Include in the subject line “Digital Media Specialist.”
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and samples of past design and develop work. In your cover letter, please describe how you meet the minimum qualifications and desired attributes, and salary history.