SAMS is looking for a full-time Healthcare Providers Education and Professional Development Manager to participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of educational programs for medical residents, medical students, allied health professionals, instructors and faculty members in Syria, and medical educational projects in neighboring countries where SAMS provides refugees care.
- Help develop and guide SAMS’ Healthcare providers education mission, vision and strategy in collaboration with SAMS Education Committee and Education Advisory Board.
- Seek funding from academically inclined foundations and foster relationships with prospective donors
- Recommend policies and procedures to identify grants opportunities and advise on grants initiatives and innovative proposals in the fields of medical education and continuous professional development.
- Liaise between medical-education officials in Syria and SAMS medical-education program staff, Advisory Board, and the Education Committee to establish standards of practice, create evidence-based guidelines, assure compliance and monitor quality outcome.
- Ensure the provision of adequate support and guidance to regional coordinators and work with consultants on the process of project/curriculum development, design and implementation
- Participate in identifying best available curriculum and courses and development of supplementary study materials with academic stakeholders including the international essential competencies standards in crises situation for healthcare education projects.
- Create and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in healthcare providers education, including the UN and donor officials, relevant Syrian education representatives, International and local NGOs, and key non-Syrian healthcare education and research universities.
- Supervise the management of all aspects of the education projects lifecycles including
- Need assessment
- Proposal development
- Status of courses/curriculum development
- Adherence to schedules and timeframe
- Implementation oversight
- Awards reporting requirements
- Identify and implement a credible quality assurance plan and procedure for SAMS education programs with the assistance of consultants and the advisory board, that includes:
- Compilation and assessment of data, evaluation research on effectiveness
- Incorporation of improvements to contents and methodologies as needed.
- Seek accreditation and academic affiliation for SAMS’ educational projects, theoretical and clinical courses, online educational courses, and continuous professional development workshops and seminars.
- Provide program updates to the executive director, the Education Committee, and to the Board.
- Advanced degree in either health-related field (MD, MPH or similar) healthcare education or professional development management.
- Experience of at least 5 years in programs management that included decision making to improve methods and strategy (operational research background is preferred)
- Experience in grants development, management and donors’ relationships
- Willingness to travel to the region/ institutions
- Interpersonal skills key to co leading of and collaboration with diverse groups.
- Strong verbal and writing communication skills
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
Preferred but not required:
- Arabic language knowledge
- Knowledge of epidemiology and statistics
- Experience in working on projects in conflict areas or with displaced communities
Send your recent CV and resume copy and cover letter with ‘Healthcare Education Manager’ in the subject line to [email protected].