Role Summary/Purpose: SAMS is looking for a full-time “Logistics and Operations Coordinator” position to join the Operation team. This position is responsible for a range of functions to ensure that the project moves forward effectively and efficiently as possible. The Coordinator is directly responsible for logistical and preparatory support to our mission and projects.
Supply Chain and Containers Logistics
- Receive and process requests for procurement of medical relief items for field, ensure accuracy of information, completion of required supporting documents and availability of funds.
- Prepare plans for the delivery of relief items according to operational needs
- Monitor status of requests and follow up on shipments progress and finalize payments
- Coordinate transportation and distribution of relief items to destination and coordinate with all related parties
- Maintain and update the database of procurement requests and suppliers
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records on containers and GIK, the distribution of its contents, logistics activities and provide regular reports to supervisor
- Obtain necessary licenses and approvals for all shipments from all related entities
- Implement SAMS approved policies and manuals on operations.
Programs Support and Documentation
- Assist in collecting reports from facilities sponsored by SAMS operations in Lebanon
- Comply with local government, grants and SAMS reporting requirements
- Responsible for the logistics of medical missions to Lebanon, with assistance from the field coordinator and Executive Administrative Assistant. Responsibilities including but not limited to;
- lodging arrangements
- coordination of workshops and educational activities
- finalizing agreements with medical facilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, or a closely related field
- 2-3-year experience in logistic field or operational management
- Advanced PC skills; including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other software
- Outstanding attention to detail, organization and accuracy of work
- Excellent communication skills
- Maintain strict confidentiality of documents and information
- Strong working knowledge of the English language (spoken and written)
- Demonstrated organizational skills through working systematically and accurately
- Exemplary planning and time management skills
- Strong report writing, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Professional integrity and discretion in the handling of confidential information and data
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and the contact information of 3 references to [email protected]. Include in the subject line the name of the position you are applying for.