Medical Education Specialist
SAMS is looking for a full-time Medical Education Specialist to participate in the development and management of healthcare providers and instructors educational programs in Syria, the neighboring countries and the US. This position will be based at SAMS’ Headquarters within the Programs Department.
- Support strategic development of SAMS’ medical education mission and vision, in collaboration with SAMS HQ, the Country Offices, SAMS Executive Education Committee (known as SAMS Institute) and key stakeholders.
- Support business development efforts (positioning, proposal development, etc.) specific to medical education with academic institutions, and cultivate relationships with prospective donors
- Identify grants opportunities and advise on grants initiatives and innovative proposals in the fields of medical education and continuous professional development.
- Liaise with SAMS medical education program staff, and SAMS Institute to establish standards of practice, create evidence-based guidelines, assure compliance, and monitor quality outcome.
- Ensure the provision of adequate support and guidance to regional-office staff in the management of educational projects lifecycles.
- Support identification of relevant curricula and courses and development of supplementary study materials with academic stakeholders and consultants.
- Identify and implement a credible quality assurance plan and procedure for SAMS education programs
- Seek accreditation and academic affiliation for SAMS’ educational projects, theoretical and clinical courses, online educational courses, and continuous professional development workshops and seminars.
- Advanced degree in either health-related field (MD, MPH or similar) healthcare education or professional development management.
- Experience of at least 7 years in business development and project management related to research and/or education/health services that includes decision making to improve methods and strategy
- Knowledge and understanding of the academic institutions landscape and their partnership regulations
- Willingness to travel to country offices, program implementation sites, and key academic stakeholders’ locations
- Strong verbal and writing communication skills, including the ability to co-lead and collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Arabic language knowledge is preferred
- Experience in working in conflict areas or with displaced communities is preferred
Please send cover letter and resume to: [email protected]