Role Summary/Purpose: SAMS is looking for a full-time “Medical Programs Officer” position to join the Operation team. This position is responsible for a range of functions to ensure that our programs are running efficiently and at their highest potential. The Officer is also responsible for evaluation and regular reviews of our projects, guaranteeing the programs are working capably, and makes suggestions for improvement as needed.
- Identify opportunities for SAMS to expand its work in Lebanon
- Review proposals for new medical relief projects, or expansions of existing projects, evaluate the accuracy of the information and present them to Lebanon Regional Relief Committee in collaboration with Lebanon Programs Manager.
- Conduct regular visits to SAMS medical projects facilities
- Evaluate the services of SAMS project facilities, including evaluating the performance and the efficiency and provide recommendations to senior leadership for improvements
- Review reports and documentation submitted by the projects and assure that they meet SAMS standards and agreement conditions in collaboration with Lebanon Programs Manager.
- Assist in developing and implementing SAMS procurement policy and procedure
- Assists in the selection of the most beneficial medical inventory and supplies for SAMS projects
- Participate in organizing medical missions, training and workshops, and selection of patients for procedures done by volunteer SAMS members
- Represent SAMS in educational and health awareness events with other partners
- Represent SAMS in internal and external meetings related to medical relief and humanitarian services for Syrian refugees by other non-profit organizations and the health sector as assigned by the Committee and /or Lebanon Programs Manager
- Attend Lebanon Regional Relief Committee meetings and submit reports (written or oral) when requested
- Complete other tasks as required by SAMS team and Lebanon Programs Manager
- Bachelors Degree in an appropriate field required, Masters Degree preferred
- 3-5 years’ of experience required
- Substantial knowledge of medicine, medical relief and abilities to discuss healthcare as applicable to SAMS
- Direct experience in program management in relation to international, cross functional teams
- Ability utilizing best practices in management to ensure shared success
- Advanced PC skills; including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other software
- English fluency required
- Good analytical, writing, and inter-personal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with key stakeholders, internal donors and volunteers, and program staff
- Demonstrated organizational skills through working systematically and accurately
- Exceptional programmatic and development skills
- Outstanding ability to design, manage, and improve pioneering programs
- Solid ability to work independently as well as in a team environment to give support to project and its mission
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and the contact information of 3 references to [email protected]. Include in the subject line the name of the position you are applying for.