SAMS is looking for a part-time “Mental Health Committee Coordinator” position to join the Operation team. This position is responsible for a range of functions to ensure that our mental health programs are running efficiently and at their highest potential. The coordinator is also responsible for regular reviews of reports received about the projects, guaranteeing the projects are implementing the set plan by Mental Health Committee, and organizing communication and meetings of Committee members in the US.
- Create and manage a database of all the mental health and allied professionals part of the Tele-
- Support the recruitment of mental health and allied professionals to the Tele-Psychiatry Program
(e.g. Communicate with new/potential mental health and allied professionals about current projects,
ways they can help, answering questions, and/or directing them to specified member of the SAMS
- Be the direct communication link with current members of the Tele-Psychiatry Program (ie all
mental health and allied professionals that have joined our resource pool). Will be responsible for
delegating tasks to members, scheduling seminars/training sessions/visits and providing updates.
- Connect and collaborate with other NGOs to further the goals of the MHC
- Search, identify and complete grant applications
- Support the SAMS MHC’s fundraising initiatives (marketing, connecting with partners, logistics support)
- Maintaining and updating a dedicated SAMS Mental Health website and any social media accounts.
- Acquire and maintain records of all Mental Health project activities with success stories
- Coordinate and ensure timely data collection for reporting, statistical purposes and analysis by the mental health committee.
- Work closely with and under the supervision of the SAMS Mental Health Committee and attend the committee meetings.
- Bachelors Degree in an appropriate field required, Master Degree preferred
- 3-5 years’ of experience required
- knowledge of the field of psychology or social service and abilities to discuss them as applicable to SAMS mental health projects
- Experience in management in relation to cross functional teams
- Ability utilizing best practices in communication, reporting and liaison to ensure shared success
- Advanced PC skills; including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other software
- Arabic fluency is preferred
- Skills in data management and research are preferred
- Good analytical, writing, and inter-personal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with key stakeholders, committee members, teams in the field and program staff
- Demonstrated organizational skills through working systematically and accurately
- Exceptional programmatic and development skills
- Ability to learn about designing, and collecting proper reporting on pioneering programs
- Solid ability to work independently as well as in a team environment to give support to project and its mission