The Syrian American Medical Society (SAMS) Foundation is a non-profit, non-political humanitarian organization that is working on the front lines of medical relief and delivering medical education in Syria, neighboring countries and beyond, to alleviate suffering and save lives.
In 2019 alone, SAMS provided more than 2.5 million health, mental health and psychosocial support for conflict-affected persons in Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, and Turkey. Support for SAMS programs derives from a range of institutional donors, in addition to private philanthropic foundations and individual support.
This position is part time and paid on an hourly -bases. Applicant should be residing in the chapters’ geographical area.
- Keep accurate record regarding the chapters BOD names, titles, addresses, contact information, terms, and nomination and election dates
- Plan membership recruitment outreach activities and events to raise awareness and interest in the medical professional community to join SAMS in collaboration with Society staff in HQ
- Keep accurate and updated list of members, their membership renewal status, and contact information and update the Society staff at HQ
- Attend chapter’s BOD meetings and take minutes, follow up on decisions implementation in collaboration with the board officers
- Participate in the application/maintenance of registration/licensure of the chapter as per the state laws and requirements especially the 501(c) (6) status and permit to do fundraising when needed and in consultation with HQ
- Plan for and participate in the logistics of chapter’s member’s events such as the annual gala, CME activities, presentations about SAMS, community outreach projects, Health Fairs, GIK collection and shipment, and fundraising for the foundation humanitarian and medical relief programs. Support from relevant HQ departments will be provided
- Assist the scholarship and education committees in implementing activities for graduates of Syrian medical school in the area who are preparing for equivalency tests. And residency applications
- Liaise between the chapter and the HQ
- Receive periodic reports of SAMS activities from HQ to distribute among the members of the Chapter and the larger community
- Record, document and report local activities to HQ to be shared among other chapters and the membership nationwide in order to celebrate accomplishments, share best practices and encourage other Chapters to conduct similar successful activities
- Follow SAMS fundraising policies, use approved fundraising publication and media materials, fund collection venues and reporting documents as required by the HQ
To apply, please send cover and resumes to [email protected]