SAMS Foundation is looking for a dedicated humanitarian professional to serve as a Obstetrician/Gynecologist in Greece. Under the supervision of the SAMS Medical Coordinator, this position will be based in Athens, with daily travel within the Attica region by SAMS vehicle. The OB/GYN Doctor will work in collaboration with other local and international NGOs operating in Greece on medical programs for refugees, migrants, and Greeks with limited income. He/she will provide direct patient care as the part of a clinical team consisting of a pediatrician, a nurse, and two interpreters.
- Application of medical knowledge and skills in the diagnosis and treatment of women, including managing antenatal/postnatal care
- Provision of medical information for patients and their families, including education on COVID-19 prevention
- Ensure that patient confidentiality and privacy of medical information are maintained
- Advise on the referral process for pregnancies, especially complex processes
- Contribute to data analysis, monitoring, and reporting in order to improve the quality of medical care
- Doctor’s degree with specialization in obstetrics and/or gynecology, with at least three years of professional experience
- Official license to practice medicine in Greece
- Recent clinical experience (at least six months practice in the last 24 months)
- Fluency in Greek and English
- Teamwork, willingness, adaptability and ability to work in a multicultural framework
- Flexibility and ability to manage stress
- Experience in working under COVID-19 pandemic requirements and precautionary measures, particularly for infection prevention and control.
- Computer skills: Knowledge of MS Office, Video Conferencing Applications
Desirable profiles may have one or more of the following:
- Experience with international organizations
- Experience providing medical care for refugees, migrants, or low-income Greeks
- Experience with telemedicine
- Professional working proficiency in Arabic, Dari/Farsi, French, or Pashto
- Flexible schedule; ability to work nights and weekends if needed
- Criminal record status: clean
- Role responsibilities may be adapted/evolved as needed
- The challenges of the role will be met by the whole team. All team members will contribute to program development and technical management of clinical operations
Interested applicants can send their CV and cover letter to [email protected].