- Act as primary POC of all procurement activities
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services and supplies
- Maintain and update list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development
- Stay abreast of applicable laws, regulations (i.e., BIS, OFAC, etc.), donor guidelines (USAID, ECHO, DFID, etc.), Sphere standards for procurement of goods and services. Ensure anti-terrorism (OFAC) and government debarred list checking of all new vendors and document results.
- Work with HQ and Field Offices’ Procurement team members and the Operations Manager to complete duties and assignments as needed
- Coordinate Gift in Kind donations relations and activities
- Assist with start-up activities and new country registration
- Assist in the development and implementation of SAMS’s operations policies and procedures
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the line manager
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related required.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in operations, logistics and/or procurement. Knowledge of and experience in procuring medical supplies, pharmaceuticals, cold chain and medical equipment is strongly preferred
- Solid experience in solicitation process and solid contract negotiation, administration and execution.
- Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors)
- Solid analytical skills, Negotiation skills with the ability to create financial reports and conduct bid analyses
- Intermediate level proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office Suite programs.
- Demonstrated ability to propose possible resolutions to complex technical, managerial or operational problems.
- Demonstrated proactivity, attention to detail, working within deadlines, and ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience living or working in the MENA region and Arabic proficiency is preferred
Send your recent CV and resume copy and cover letter with ‘Operations Coordinator’ in the subject line to [email protected].