SCOPE OF WORK
SAMS Foundation is looking for a dedicated humanitarian professional to serve as the Operations Manager for the SAMS Headquarters (HQ) in the United States of America. Under the supervision of the SAMS Director of Finance, this position will be based in Washington, DC, with regular travel to SAMS Country Offices in the Middle East and Greece. The Operations Manager will directly supervise two staff in the Operations Department and be responsible for the day-to-day operational support of SAMS HQ activities. S/he will coordinate closely with the Finance and Programs teams and will offer support to SAMS country offices to ensure the smooth functioning of operations, supply chain, and compliance.
- Directly supervise, mentor, and train the SAMS HQ Operations and Administration Coordinator and Logistics Coordinator
- Liaise between HQ and country offices on matters concerning operations; provide coaching, mentoring, training, and oversight to country office teams as needed.
- Oversee and support all supply chain activities at HQ and provide compliance oversight for the country offices’ supply-chain activities; provide technical support and monitoring of the supply-chain cycle and vendor agreements as needed.
- Provide security, logistics, and other support to new country entries and registration of new field offices, including temporary supervision of local logistics staff as needed
- Act as the main POC for SAMS/HQ Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program, and monitor and offer technical assistance to field office staff on their ERM programs.
- Serve as the HQ POC on relevant operations activities regarding compliance and capacity-building for country offices.
- Works with the HQ finance department to prepare, execute, and manage contracts for goods and services on behalf of SAMS HQ.
- Lead and coordinate Gift in Kind activities, including request procedures, distribution, inventory management, consumption tracking, and reporting.
- Develop, implement, and monitor an annual operational plan for the HQ Operations Department.
- Update, review and develop relevant operational policies and procedures while monitoring and documenting their adherence.
- With Operations Department staff, support IT policies, systems, and cybersecurity compliance.
- Ensure that structures and systems for safety & security management are in place and are properly utilized. Offers relevant technical support with field offices to support safety & security policies and protocols as necessary.
- Travel to country offices to provide technical and leadership support when needed.
- Five to eight years of experience in operations, administration, compliance, logistics, and/or safety and security; with at least two years in a supervisory position
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Business, Logistics, International Relations); may be substituted for relevant professional experience
- One or more years of experience working internationally, ideally for a not-for-profit organization or United Nations agency
- Strong experience in policy-writing and developing systems and processes for administration, compliance, logistics, and security
- Demonstrated ability to design and lead training on technical subjects
- Authorization to work in the United States of America
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Master’s Degree or other Advanced Degree in Humanitarian Assistance, Logistics, etc.
- Professional certification in logistics or security management (INSSA, CILT, CIPP, etc.)
- Experience supporting medical programs or programs serving refugees
- Experience working or living in the Middle East
- Experience working in insecure contexts
- Professional working proficiency in Arabic
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]