Healthcare facilities and personnel have been targeted since the start of the conflict. Reports show that in 2015 thus far, 81 medical personnel have been killed. In October alone, 35 patients and medical staff have been killed and 12 hospitals have been targeted. As recently as last week, a SAMS facility in Sarmin, Idlib was attacked in an airstrike that led to the deaths of two medical staff.
- Dr. Ahmad Tarakji, President, Syrian American Medical Society
- Dr. Majed, Syrian doctor from East Ghouta and coordinator for United Medical Office of East Ghouta
- Dr. Zaher Sahloul, Past President, Syrian American Medical Society
- Dr. Holly Atkinson, Past President, Physicians for Human Rights; Director, Human Rights Program at Mount Sinai
- Dr. Dean Marchbein, President, Doctors Without Borders/Medecins Sans Frontieres USA
- Dr. Conrad Fisher, the Director of Internal Medicine at Brookdale University Hospital