The position will be implemented in Syrian American Medical Society (SAMS) Psycho-social Services (PSS) Program in Majdal Anjar, in the Bekaa Valley. The position will require attending to and caring for beneficiaries receiving services throughout the Bekaa Valley.
To accomplish the above, the Psychologist is expected to:
- Provide individual sessions for beneficiaries, under the supervision.
- Utilize assessments in the diagnosis and treatment of beneficiaries
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Create treatment plans for each beneficiary on his/her caseload.
- Complete documentation – Progress Notes for each session, treatment plans, and weekly/monthly reports.
- Keep updated on research and therapeutic techniques for the treatment and care of beneficiaries.
- Conduct group PSS Group sessions.
- Do outreach using defined tools
- Assist with creation and planning of activities for beneficiaries.
- Assist with cross-border trainings on various Psychological diagnosis and interventions.
- Degree in Psychology, preferred Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology or any related field in Psychology.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working in a Clinic/ Treatment facility.
- Reports directly to the SAMS PSS Manager. Must be willing to follow directions from of SAMS PSS Manager.
- Must have excellent writing skills. Proficiency in spoken and written English is a PLUS
- Must have experience writing Progress Notes, Treatment Plans, and weekly/monthly reports.
- Must have experience with Excel data entry and reporting.
- Must be motivated, independent, and work well in group settings.
- Must be passionate about networking with other agencies and have a good understanding of SAMS patient population.
- Majdal Anjar, the Bekaa Valley, Lebanon.
Please send Cover Letter, CV and names of three references to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will receive a phone call. No direct calls, please.