The Regional Media Manager will lead and coordinate SAMS regional media teams inside Syria and neighboring countries, and will work closely with the Media and Communications department at SAMS HQ to advance and implement the organization’s media and communications strategic goals. This position will be based in the region, preferably in Turkey.
- Lead and coordinate SAMS regional media teams in the region (including Jordan, Syria, Turkey, and Lebanon) and be the main point of contact to the Media and Communications department at SAMS HQ.
- Coordinate the development of communications strategies across the different SAMS regional offices, and support media officers in the field to implement intersectional strategies and agreements.
- Provide communications support and information during any crisis situations arising in the region.
- Have operational oversight of SAMS’s regional activities related to marketing, media, and communications.
- Work with the Media and Communications department at SAMS HQ to develop and implement a robust media and communications strategy to increase SAMS’s visibility regionally and to generate media coverage.
- Lead the development and execution of SAMS Arabic social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, while ensuring consistency in voice and tone and increasing the organization’s reach and engagement on social media.
- Work closely with the media and communications team at SAMS HQ to devise press releases, statements, and blog posts.
- Identify media opportunities to showcase the work of SAMS in the region.
- Work with SAMS Advocacy teams in the U.S. and in the region to organize press conferences, events, and briefings.
- Work with the regional media teams to gather photographs, videos, and regular updates from the field. Media materials and accompanying information should cover the following themes and events:
- SAMS-supported medical facilities inside Syria and neighboring countries
- Medical missions
- New and existing projects to highlight our impact
- Volunteers on SAMS missions
- Beneficiaries – we would like to show a glimpse into their daily lives as well as how SAMS impacts their lives.
- Success stories during SAMS’s work; this could include successful operations, life saving diagnoses, lives saved due to medical equipment, etc.
- Reactions to recent events or changes on the ground.
- Trainings and workshops led by SAMS Field Offices
- Send weekly website updates to the Media and Communications team at SAMS HQ.
- Maintain local media lists, monitor SAMS local media coverage, and create monthly press reports of all major coverage.
- Check in with Communications Officer and Media Manager at SAMS HQ as needed, at minimum once a week.
- Support HQ in implementing media policies across field offices, including protection policies when gathering identifying material including photography.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related field.
- At least 5 years related work experience
- Strong knowledge of current trends in social media and digital marketing
- Must possess excellent verbal and writing communications skills in both English and Arabic
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, email marketing platforms, and WordPress
- Must possess excellent organizational, multitasking, and problem-solving skills.
- Highly committed to SAMS’s mission.
- Graphic design and video editing knowledge
- Previous experience in humanitarian assistance or with an INGO.
Send your recent CV copy and cover letter with ‘Regional Media Manager’ in the subject line to [email protected].