This position is part time and paid on an hourly -bases. Applicant should be residing in the chapters’ geographical area.
- Keep accurate record regarding the chapters BOD names, titles, addresses, contact information, terms, and nomination and election dates
- Plan membership recruitment outreach activities and events to raise awareness and interest in the medical professional community to join SAMS in collaboration with Society staff in HQ.
- Keep accurate and updated list of members, their membership renewal status, and contact information and update the Society staff at the HQ.
- Attend chapter’s BOD meetings and take minutes, follow up on decisions implementation in collaboration with the board officers.
- Participate in the application/maintenance of registration/licensure of the chapter as per the state laws and requirements especially the 501(c) (6) status and permit to do fundraising when needed and in consultation with the HQ
- Plan for and participate in the logistics of chapter’s members events such as the annual gala, CME activities, presentations about SAMS, community outreach projects, Health Fairs, GIK collection and shipment, and fundraising for the foundation humanitarian and medical relief programs. Support from relevant HQ departments will be provided.
- Assist the scholarship and education committees in implementing activities for graduates of Syrian medical school in the area who are preparing for equivalency tests . and residency applications.
- Liaison between the chapter and the HQ Society/membership/fundraising staff:
- Receive periodic reports of SAMS activities from HQ to distribute among the members of the Chapter and the larger community.
- Record, document and report local activities to the HQ to be shared among other chapters and the membership nationwide in order to celebrate accomplishments, share best practices and encourage other Chapters to conduct similar successful activities.
- Follow SAMS fundraising policies, use approved fundraising publication and media materials, fund collection venues and reporting documents as required by the HQ.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].