The Chapter Coordinator will work closely with the Tristate Chapter President, Members to increase, retain, and diversify membership to SAMS Tristate Chapter. The position will be based in New York City or New Jersey.
The duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide supporting efforts to increase, retain, and diversify chapter membership and community outreach
- Help build and support a growth strategy to connect with various communities to help grow the SAMS audience and diversify following and event attendance
- Proactively conduct membership outreach, including building growth strategies, sending out membership invitations to communities and constituents
- Assist with chapter establishment, development, and growth
- Attend chapter meetings, chapter committee meetings, take meeting minutes, follow up on the implementation of the decisions made in these meetings
- Handle the coordination & logistics of all chapter fundraising and events
- Communicate with Society Coordinator to facilitate information sharing between chapter and HQ
- Communicate with members and volunteers to help organize the chapter activities. Put together bimonthly electronic newsletter
- Provide general administrative support to the chapter
- Provide support and coordination for chapter events, projects, donation drives and other chapter activities
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, and Word)
- Experience with Social Media, Event Planning and Organizing
- Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize project deadlines
- Ability to work in fast-paced setting, juggling multiple tasks at once
- Strong written and verbal communication and editing skills
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to manage time responsibly and juggle multiple, varied tasks at once
- Flexible, energetic with positive attitude
To apply, send your resume to [email protected].