- Oversee Scientific Meetings;
- Provide support and coordination for chapter scientific conferences, if needed;
- Attend scientific conferences committee meetings, take meeting minutes, follow up on the implementation of the decisions made in these meetings;
- Communicate with Society Coordinator and Development Manger to facilitate scientific conferences;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned and related to SAMS scientific conferences;
- Associate degree or equivalent years of experience.
- 2-year experience in event coordination.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, and Word)
- Ability to manage time responsibly and juggle multiple, varied tasks at once
- Ability to work independently requiring limited supervision but possesses a team work mentality
- Ability to network and seek out the opportunities for collaboration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including excellent public presentation and customer service skills
- Outgoing, energetic, flexible with positive and solutions oriented attitude.
Send your recent CV copy and cover letter with ‘Scientific Conference Coordinator (Part-Time)’ in the subject line to [email protected].