SAMS Foundation is looking for a dedicated humanitarian professional to serve as the Senior Finance Officer for the SAMS Headquarters (HQ) in Washington DC. Under the supervision of the Director of Finance, the Finance Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day support of SAMS HQ finance and field office activities.
The duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Supervise monthly closing process including cash/bank and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Monitoring and ensuring the accurate and prompt drawing up of internal and external financial reports in accordance with the appropriate guidelines
- Ensure proper backup documentation and filing of vouchers, requisitions, and other documents are maintained and updated as needed
- Provide financial analysis, reports, and forecasts to management as needed.
- Oversee the accuracy of the organizational accounting records and maintain the chart of accounts and project codes for the accounting software CP7
- Prepare and review month and year-end closing process
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of monthly pipeline reports for country offices
- Review and reconcile financial reports submitted by country offices to ensure an accurate consolidated report.
- Assist the grants department in the review and preparation of budgets
- Ensure proper planning and support for the annual internal and external audits
- Preparation and reviewing of monthly payroll
- Perform any other tasks as requested by the Director of Finance
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5 years prior relevant experience.
- Experience working with large, geographically dispersed teams preferred including INGOs.
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have Deltek – CP7 experience.
- Arabic as a second language is a plus.
- Financial analysis and forecasting experience.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]