The Syrian American Medical Society Foundation (SAMS Foundation) is a nonprofit organization formed in 1998 by the medical professional diaspora. Its mission is to save lives and work to ensure a healthier future for all through medical relief and healthcare development on behalf of Syrian American healthcare professionals. SAMS Foundation is a leading advocate for a comprehensive approach to disaster relief and the protection of health systems in the Syrian conflict.
The position herein titled PSS Senior Project Officer. The position will be implemented in SAMS PSS projects in Irbid. The position will require managing a team of Psychologists attending to and caring for beneficiaries receiving services in Irbid Psychosocial Center.
Location of Position:
Key Duties and Responsibilities
To accomplish the above, the Senior Project Officer is expected to:
- Provide individual sessions for beneficiaries only 20% of his/her time.
- Supervise staff providing individual and group treatment to beneficiaries.
- Supervise the Outreach Team Leader in order to provide the necessary social services needed for the beneficiaries.
- Provide documentation -Progress Notes for each session, Treatment Plans, and weekly/monthly reports.
- Monitor and evaluate staff documentation of beneficiary files.
- Create treatment plans for each client on the caseload.
- Supervise the creation and planning of activities for the beneficiaries.
- Keep updated on research and therapeutic techniques for the treatment and care of beneficiaries.
- Assist with cross-border trainings on various Psychological diagnosis and interventions.
- Assist with cross-border staff evaluation.
- Write monthly reports regarding the activities in Irbid PSS Center.
- Master’s degree, preferred PhD, in Clinical Psychology or any related field in Psychology.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working in a Clinic/ Treatment facility.
- Reports directly to the PSS Programs Manager.
- Must have excellent leadership skills.
- Must have experience managing and supervising clinical teams.
- Must have excellent writing skills.
- Must have experience writing Progress Notes, Treatment Plans, and weekly/monthly reports.
- Must have experience with data entry and reporting.
- Must be motivated, independent, and work well in group settings.
Direct Reports All clinical staff of Irbid PSS Center- Psychologists, Psychiatrists, and Social Workers.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and the contact information of 3 references to [email protected]. Include in the subject line the name of the position you are applying for.
Please include a cover letter, a writing sample, and include the names and telephone numbers of three references that are familiar with your background and qualifications, along with your permission to contact them.