Position Title: SGR Grants & Reporting Associate (Intern)
Department Name: SAMS – GLOBAL RESPONSE (SGR)
Supervisor of Position: Ossama Zaqqout, Global Emergency Response Manager
Employment Definition: Internship
Location of Position: SAMS HQ – Washington D.C. USA – (telecommuting is possible)
Duration: 2 Months
Proposed Salary/Wage: $300/month – Transportation Support.
Role Summary/Purpose: SAMS is looking for an intern who is passionate about humanitarian and emergency response. The full-time SGR Grants and Reporting Associate will assist SGR with long-term projects. The aim of this internship is provide current graduate students and/or recently graduated professionals with the opportunity to obtain hands-on experience at senior level of proposal writing, monitoring & evaluation, donors’ relations and reporting in emergencies and disasters. The role will report to the SGR Manager and work closely with Grants Department to support the following projects;
- Expanding network of grants donors and gift in kind donors,
- Assist in Grants proposal writing and donors reporting,
- Work with SAMS communications departments to help promote SAMS global response work,
- Create data management systems for SGR,
- Assist in finalizing the SGR field Manual that includes tools, systems and SOPs
- Proofread and edit fields’ assessment reports
This is a great opportunity for those looking to gain an understanding and insight into grant and reporting needs of a humanitarian emergency NGO.
• Research potential new donors that support SAMS model of programming;
• Assist with proposal development and reporting as requested;
• Research alterative models of data management systems;
• Assist the SGR with trend analysis and monitor projects progress and indicators.
• Assist the SGR committee with researching new country opportunities
- Graduate student (who require an internship/practicum opportunity as part of their studies), or recently graduates (within one year), in pharmacy, supply chain management, business administration, public health or related fields.
- Fluent in English
- Demonstrates analytical skills and critical sense
- Dynamic and resourceful individual.
- Knowledge of fundraising and Grant proposal writing
- Previous field experience working with a medical NGOs
- Other languages (Arabic, Spanish, French…etc.) is an asset
- Previous experience in humanitarian and emergency response field.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Include in the subject line the name of the position you are applying for.