The position herein titled Social Worker. The position will be implemented in Syrian American Medical Society (SAMS) Psycho-social Services (PSS) Program in Majdal Anjar, in the Bekaa Valley. The position will require attending to and caring for beneficiaries receiving services throughout the Bekaa Valley.
To accomplish the above, the Social Worker is expected to:
- Create and provide Psychoeducation group sessions, under the supervision of SAMS PSS Manager.
- Work closely with the Psychologist to provide the necessary social services needed for the clients.
- Provide Case Management services for beneficiaries and provide appropriate referrals for services.
- Provide documentation for each session/interaction with a client.
- Assist with creation and planning of activities for the clients.
- Keep updated on community programs and referrals.
- Work closely with the Outreach Team members to expand referral pathways and services for the beneficiaries. Participate in outreach activities.
- Assist in removing stigma associated with seeking help, mental health, GBV, etc. within the community.
- Bachelor’s (master’s degree preferred) degree in Counseling or in Social Work.
- Training and experience in GBV, working with displaced communities, and people who have experienced trauma is a PLUS.
- The Social Worker reports directly to the SAMS PSS Manager. Must be willing to follow directions from of SAMS PSS Manager.
- The Social Worker must have excellent writing and language skills. Proficiency in spoken and written English is a PLUS.
- The Social Worker must have experience writing reports.
- The Social Worker must have minimum 2 years-experience the area of Psychosocial intervention.
- The Social Worker must have initiative in community mobilization, capacity building, and expansion of referral network.
- Must have experience with Excel data entry and reporting.
- Must be motivated, independent, and work well in group settings.
- Must be passionate about networking with other agencies and have a good understanding of SAMS patient population.
- Majdal Anjar, the Bekaa Valley, Lebanon.
Please send Cover Letter, CV and names of three references to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will receive a phone call. No direct calls, please.