Role Summary/Purpose: The Syrian American Medical Society seeks an intern to assist with the recruitment and management of volunteers to aid the organization in its mission to provide medical relief to Syrian refugees globally.
- Develop and maintain database of potential volunteer groups and individuals to join medical relief missions
- Research opportunities to target qualified physician and health professionals to join our organization
- Respond to volunteer inquiries providing information about the organization and mission opportunities
- Assist Medical Missions Coordinator collecting and organizing all information, forms and material related to medical missions
- Assist with data entry and produce brief reports regarding volunteer statistics
- Attend meetings regarding medical missions when required
- Contribute to overall functionality of the office by assisting with logistical tasks as needed
- Completed or working towards completing a college degree, preferably in a related field (International Relations, Global Affairs, Non-Profit Management, Administration)
- Must be computer knowledgeable and proficient in using Word Processing and Excel
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work independently
- Experience in visual reporting is a plus (creating infographics or interactive reports)
- Preferably speaks Arabic
Please submit your application to [email protected]. Include in the subject line: Volunteer Coordination Intern
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and samples of past design and develop work. In your cover letter, please describe how you meet the minimum qualifications and desired attributes, and salary history.
Application deadline December 31, 2016